Josh Copeland vs. Mike Hayes face off in co-main event of WSOF 29
Josh Copeland (11-3) is all set to take on Mike Hayes (19-10-2) in the co-main event of WSOF 29. The headliner features Justin Gaethje (15-0) who is defending his lightweight title against Brian Foster (25-9) while Cory Devela vs. Louis Taylor and Josh Cavan vs. Kris Hocum are also part of the main card. The action kicks off at the Bank of Colorado Arena in Greeley, Colorado on March 12.
Copeland exited the UFC last year after losing both his fights following but came back strongly with back to back wins. This was followed by a loss by submission to Vitaly Minakov the current Bellator heavyweight champion at Fight Nights Moscow. Hayes on the other hand last drew against Trevor Prangley in June and has gone 1-6-1 in his last eight fights. His last taste of victory was against Jeff Monson who he knocked out in 2013.
Floyd Mayweather Says He Would Like To Promote MMA Fighters
Floyd Mayweather may have hung up his boots but that doesn’t mean the fighter is done with sports. During his tenure the famous boxer had a few more-than-well publicized bouts in the ring with UFC stars Conor McGregor and Ronda Rousey. His last bout was against Andre Berto last September which he won and ended his career with a clean 49-0 record.
Mayweather claims to have never said anything negative about Rousey or McGregor nor does he have any issue with MMA as a sport and would love to embrace it. He says he understands the fight business well and doesn’t mind that UFC fighters have used his name just to gather more interest. However, his goal for 2016 is to get fighters and promote MMA fights in the future.
Jose Aldo Takes A Few Pot Shots At Conor Mcgregor
Jose Aldo may have been KO’d by McGregor in 13 seconds flat in last December’s featherweight title fight at UFC 194. However, that hasn’t stopped him from trying to avenge his defeat even if it is only verbally and not physically. He took a few pot shots at McGregor who when he recently appeared on a Brazilian TV show ‘Extra Ordinarios”.
Aldo’s banter comes close on the heels of McGregor’s second round submission loss to Nate Diaz. He claimed that the Irishman wanted to run away since he couldn’t take it anymore, and potentially looked like a child getting slapped on the face. Aldo also criticized McGregor’s move from 145 pounds to 170 pounds and said he was looking forward to a rematch following his loss in December and that the Irishman’s power was not something to be worried about.
Aldo went on to claim in the interview that McGregor’s hands were made of soap and that nobody could feel his hits. Not sure whether he remembered that he lost to the Irishman in 13 seconds. What may be likely is McGregor’s move to defend his featherweight title in the next fight. However, who will be his opponent is yet to be decided. Frankie Edgar and Aldo have both hinted at wanting a go against McGregor although it is up to UFC to finally decide. It seems like Aldo is playing his cards in a bid to get McGregor into demanding a rematch.
Author : Rory McGregor