Bodog Poker Review – AKA Bovada.lv
Again, please let me remind you that Bodog and Bovada are the same site. Depending on what country you are from you will be directed to a different domain, but they offer the same services and are owned by the same person, Calvin Ayre.
Overview of Bodog / Bovada Poker
- The poker room at Bodog has one of the easiest to use interfaces in online poker. They have daily freerolls, low and high limit cash games, sit and goes and also tournaments running all day long. The stakes at Bodog range from micro limits (.05/.10) to high limits (30/60). They have a great instant 10% signup bonus when you make your first deposit. The bonus has no limit on it so you can deposit as much as you’d like and earn the bonus instantly.
Graphics for Table and Lobby
- As of November 2012, Bodog just went through a major upgrade for their poker room. The graphics for the lobby and the poker room are much cleaner and easier to navigate. They still have the same functions as before, just much easier to use now. You can play up to 3 tables at once as well. They also announced anonymous poker so you don’t have people tracking you down and beating you if you’re not the best player.
- Bovada Poker offers players the choice of No limit, Pot Limit, and Fixed Limit Texas Hold’em. There is also Limit and Pot Limit Omaha Hi-Lo, Fixed Limit and Pot Limit Omaha Hi, Five Card Stud, Seven Card Stud and Seven Card Stud 8 or better. The cash games range in limits from (.05/.10) to (30/60).
- Bovada’s poker tournaments are some of the best on the Internet. Bodog’s tournaments range from $1 to $100 buy ins. They have a great Sunday $100 buy in tournament which has a payout of $25k for the winner.
- Bovada always has a large amount of players online. During peak hours they have 10,000-15,000 players on the cash tables and tournaments.
- Bodog is probably the easiest site to deposit on, which is a huge plus especially for U.S. players. The following deposit options work at Bodog.
- Visa and Mastercard (Prepaid Visas as well)
- Bank wire
- Click2pay (non U.S.)
- eWallet Express (non U.S.)
- Bovada is by far my favorite online poker site. I like the fact that I can play poker and also use the sportsbook with the same account. Overall Bodog’s security, great poker games and large bonus offer makes them a winner.